Open Science (OS)
The event includes community session by leading scientists on the following topics:
- OS1 - AI & Data Analytics in and for Science: Exploring the transformational effects of AI and Data Analytics in EO research and Earth system science.
- OS2 - Exploitation Platforms for collaborative Science: Addressing the advancements and opportunities offered by new Exploitation Platforms to advance EO research and promote collaborative approaches in Earth System Science.
- OS3 - Data Cube: Exploring new approaches for Big Data processing exploiting latest advancements in Data Cube technologies.
- OS4 - Citizen Science: Overview of the major citizen science initiatives, new opportunities for engaging citizens in science and EO research.
- OS5 - Open Data, Tools and Virtual Labs: Exploring latest advancements in collaborative science offered by the combination of open data, new Open Tools and Virtual Laboratories.
- OS6 - New Education: Addressing the latest advancements and opportunities in education activities offered by the combination of EO and advancements in ICT.
- OS7 - Visualization and Science Communication: Overview of the latest advancement in visualisation of EO data and the opportunities offered by new visualisation tools in communicating science to the general public.
- OS8 - Digital Posters presenting scientific results of Early Career scientists on the above topics.
Foresight Sessions addressing the following themes:
- FE1 - Future EO Capabilities addressing the latest developments in EO sensors, mission concepts (mega-constellation, small sat, New Space, autonomous vehicles, onboard AI processing) and new generation of data-intensive applications (e.g. merging/mining new space and Copernicus data),
- FE2 - New Space Economy addressing the emergence of new business models (e.g. on demand, streaming), new approaches (e.g. platforms, blockchain / smart contracts) and new investors (Angels, VC) in the digital data economy,
- FE3 - Learn from Space Startup founders showcasing successful startup product/services/concept, success/failure stories, and their lessons learned for the new generation of entrepreneurs.